HOLLYWERID NEWS

The latest New from Hollywood!

Search For Your Favoriet Stars

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cynthia Nixon Backtracking On ‘Gay Is A Choice’

Cynthia Nixon Backtracking On ‘Gay Is A Choice’
Cynthia Nixon is backtracking on her controversial “being gay is a choice” interview, which landed her in hot water with the gay community last week. The actress issued a new statement to the Advocate yesterday after recently telling New York Times Magazine that, for her, homosexuality “is a choice.” “My recent comments in The New York Times were about me and my personal story of being gay,” Nixon explained. “I believe we all have different ways we came to the gay community and we can’t and shouldn’t be pigeon-holed into one cultural narrative which can be un-inclusive and disempowering.” She added, “While I don’t often use the word, the technically precise term for my orientation is bisexual. I believe bisexuality is not a choice, it is a fact. What I have ‘chosen’ is to be in a gay relationship.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails