HOLLYWERID NEWS

The latest New from Hollywood!

Search For Your Favoriet Stars

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Brett Ratner Apologizes For Gay Slur, Resigns As Oscar Producer

“Tower Heist” director Brett Ratner has apologized for remarking that “rehearsal is for f*gs” at a premiere over the weekend. Ratner said, “I apologize for any offense my remarks caused. It was a dumb way of expressing myself. Everyone who knows me knows that I don’t have a prejudiced bone in my body. But as a storyteller I should have been much more thoughtful about the power of language and my choice of words.” The director has since resigned as producer of the 84th Academy Awards. Ratner said, “Being asked to help put on the Oscar show was the proudest moment of my career. But as painful as this may be for me, it would be worse if my association with the show were to be a distraction from the Academy and the high ideals it represents.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails