HOLLYWERID NEWS

The latest New from Hollywood!

Search For Your Favoriet Stars

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Former ‘SNL’ Star Reveals Crack Addiction

In an upcoming memoir, former “Saturday Night Live” star Darrell Hammond reveals his addiction to cocaine, crack and alcohol. Hammond’s memoir, “God If You’re Not Up There, I’m F*cked,” is due out November 8th. The actor is well known as the funnyman who graced “SNL” to spoof celebrities like Al Gore, Bill Clinton, Donald Trump and Sean Connery. He tells CNN there was a darker side that played out in his life, before he became known for those roles, and then later on, backstage before he went out to perform. Hammond said he was stabbed, beaten and subjected to electrical shocks by his mother during his childhood, which led to self-mutilation and hospitalizations during his later life and while he was performing on “SNL.” On the back of the book jacket, Hammond says, “I have to give the ‘SNL’ crew props – it cannot have been easy to work with me. Over the years, the medication I was on included: Depacote, Lamictal, Zyprexa, Abilify, Zoloft, Ativan, Triavil, and Klonopin. I was drinking, doing coke, cutting myself in my dressing room. I was repeatedly shipped off to rehab or a psychiatric unit, and once taken out of the SNL offices in a straightjacket.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails