HOLLYWERID NEWS

The latest New from Hollywood!

Search For Your Favoriet Stars

Monday, August 2, 2010

Anne Rice Quits Christianity Via Facebook

Anne Rice has announced on her Facebook page that she is no longer a Catholic, the faith she has embraced for the last 12 years. The “Interview with the Vampire” author was raised Catholic, but said she regarded herself an atheist for many years before converting back to Catholicism in 1998. “In the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control. I refuse to be anti-Democrat. I refuse to be anti-secular humanism. I refuse to be anti-science. I refuse to be anti-life. In the name of Christ, I quit Christianity and being Christian. Amen,” the author wrote on Facebook. “I remain committed to Christ as always but not to being ‘Christian’ or part of Christianity,” she added. “It’s simply impossible for me to ‘belong’ to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. For 10 years, I’ve tried. I’ve failed. I’m an outsider. My conscience will allow nothing else.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails