HOLLYWERID NEWS

The latest New from Hollywood!

Search For Your Favoriet Stars

Monday, November 28, 2011

Michael Lohan’s Heart Surgery Postponed

Doctors in Florida have reportedly postponed heart surgery on Lindsay Lohan’s father Michael after discovering blood clots in his lungs. Lohan was rushed to a hospital Thanksgiving Day with chest pains and had been scheduled for surgery, but further evaluation revealed additional clots that require treatment before he could go under the knife. TMZ said Lohan would undergo a course of medication and was penciled in for surgery for today. Lohan pleaded guilty last week in Tampa to battering his girlfriend in 2010 and was ordered to complete a four-month, domestic-violence treatment program.

‘Hunger Games’ Nail Polish Ends In Lawsuit

A plan to create a nail polish to go along with the upcoming movie “The Hunger Games” has ended with a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles against Lionsgate studio. American International Industries is suing Lionsgate for $10 million for breach of contract for allegedly downplaying the agreement in the media. American International, a private beauty products manufacturer, said Lionsgate officials made public statements to the effect a partnership was not coming together. But American International contends they had a deal and the company was gearing up to start producing “The Hunger Games” line of polish.

Chaz Bono Engaged

“Dancing with the Stars” contestant Chaz Bono has asked his fiancée Jennifer Elia to marry him. The proposal aired on the couple’s reality show last night. Bono gave Elia an engagement ring in Seattle in the special “Being Chaz,” the follow-up to the Emmy-nominated documentary “Becoming Chaz," which documented Bono’s transition from female to male. “Being Chaz” aired on OWN and included some of the backlash Bono received for being the first transgender contestant on “Dancing with the Stars.”

NBC Takes On Muppet Comedy ‘The New Nabors’

NBC is developing a new Muppet comedy. The network has placed an order for the Jim Henson comedy project “The New Nabors,” which follows the life of a family in Palm Springs and their newly-arrived Muppet neighbors.

J.R. Martinez To Visit Pentagon

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has invited soldier-turned-actor J.R. Martinez, winner of this season’s “Dancing with the Stars” competition, to meet him at the Pentagon. During a call Friday, Panetta told Martinez he demonstrated the strength and resilience of wounded veterans. Martinez credited his military training for his performance on the ABC show. Martinez and professional partner Karina Smirnoff bested fellow finalists Rob Kardashian and Ricki Lake in the finale last Tuesday. Martinez, 28, was severely burned over more than 40% of his body when the Humvee he was driving in Iraq struck a land mine in 2003. After dozens of operations over a three-year recovery, Martinez became a motivational speaker and in 2008 won a role on the now-retired ABC soap opera “All My Children.”

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mellencamp Throws 50th Birthday Party For Ryan

Rocker John Mellencamp threw a dinner party at an Indiana restaurant to celebrate the 50th birthday of his girlfriend, Meg Ryan. Ryan’s friends, including actress Kathy Najimy, and Mellencamp’s teenage sons, Hud and Speck, attended the surprise party Saturday night at Downtown’s Dunaways before they headed off to Clowes Memorial Hall to watch Mellencamp’s show. Connie McDonald, office and events manager for Dunaways, said the group enjoyed dinner, followed by Ryan’s birthday carrot cake. Mellencamp began dating Ryan late last year. His divorce from fashion model Elaine Irwin was finalized in August. Mellencamp and Irwin were married in 1992. Ryan was previously married to Dennis Quaid.

Eva Longoria’s Restaurant Sued

Eva Longoria’s Los Angeles restaurant Beso is being sued after a woman claims she slipped and fell during her birthday dinner at the restaurant. The lawsuit was filed by Luiza Boyadjian, who went to the restaurant last year to “celebrate her birthday with friends and family.” She goes on to say that she got up from sitting to walk around when she “suddenly slipped and fell due to the floor ... being extremely slippery.” She claims to have suffered major injuries because of the fall, including damage to her nervous system. She thinks they should have had safer floors and is suing for unspecified damages of at least $25,000.

Walken ‘Doesn’t Know’ Why Natalie Wood Case Re-Opened

Christopher Walken says he “just doesn’t know” why police are reinvestigating Natalie Wood’s death 30 years later. Walken was on the boat the night Natalie died, but reportedly retired to his cabin well before the actress went missing. When asked by TMZ why he thought police had reopened the case, which also involves Robert Wagner, Walken said, “I just don’t know,” before refusing to comment further. Los Angeles homicide police say they are reopening the investigation in light of new information given to them. Wood’s body was found off the coast of California one day after she apparently fell off the boat she had been drinking on with Wagner and Walken.

NBC Orders Full Season Of ‘Grimm’

NBC has ordered a full season of its new fairytale-themed drama series “Grimm.” Starring David Giuntoli, Bitsie Tulloch, Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz and Russell Hornsby, the show is about a police detective who investigates crimes with supernatural elements. The series debuted on NBC this fall.

Wagner’s Bad Timing

Robert Wagner played a suspected murderer on “NCIS” last night, just days after the Los Angeles police department announced it has reopened its investigation into the 1981 drowning death of Natalie Wood, who was then Wagner’s wife. Wagner returned to his recurring role as Anthony DiNozzi Sr., who was suspected of murder after he woke up with no memory of the previous night and a dead woman in the trunk of his car. The Los Angeles sheriff’s department said last week Wagner is not a suspect in Wood’s death. Wood was 43 when she died while boating off Santa Catalina Island with Wagner and her “Brainstorm” co-star Christopher Walken. Her death was ruled an accidental drowning.

Dress Like Pippa Or Bella

The famous dress worn by Pippa Middleton at her sister Kate’s wedding to Prince William of England is for sale online. The cowl-neck silk-crepe gown, which was designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, is being sold for $3,100 on the U.K. version of Net-a-Porter.com. The version for sale differs slightly from the one worn by Middleton, featuring a zipper detailing in the back – instead of buttons, as on the original – and lacks the lace panels around the sleeve and neck. Meanwhile, the official replica of the Carolina Herrera gown Kristen Stewart wears in “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1” is now available from Alfred Angelo. Herrera’s original design was inspired by the book. “I was called by Stephenie Meyer. We had to discuss a lot, but I was very inspired by her book and the description of the wedding,” Herrera said. It comes in ivory or white, sizes 0 to 30W and is priced at $799.

Former ‘Sesame Street’ Composer Pleads Not Guilty To Child Porn Charges

A Grammy-winning composer who worked on “Sesame Street” has been charged with making and distributing child pornography after allegedly handcuffing a naked 4-year-old girl and taking pictures. Fernando Rivas, 59, appeared in a South Carolina federal court Monday where he pleaded not guilty. Rivas was arrested in April after FBI agents raided the composer’s home and discovered a collection of photographs depicting a 4-year-old girl naked and “restrained in handcuffs and other bondage-type devices.” Police say Rivas – who also taught music at a local Charleston school – admitted he took the pictures of the little girl and emailed them to two other people. Rivas remains on house arrest after posting $300,000 bail.

Sharon Tate Murder Ring Up For Sale

The ring actress Sharon Tate was wearing on the night of her infamous murder in 1969 is for sale. On November 30th, Tate’s engagement ring – given to her by husband Roman Polanski in 1967 – will go up for auction at GottaHaveRockandRoll.com, where bidders will have to shell out at least $10,000 to potentially own the grim piece of jewelry. Sharon and her unborn child were brutally murdered in 1969 by followers of Charles Manson. Polanski reportedly pulled the ring off Tate’s finger when he was identifying her body at the morgue.

J.R. Martinez Wins ‘Dancing With The Stars’

J.R. Martinez won the mirror ball trophy on “Dancing With The Stars” last night during a surprising finale in which the top-scoring Ricki Lake failed to advance to the top two. “Thank you America for believing in us,” Martinez said. He turned to his pro-dancing partner, Karina Smirnoff, and added, “You are amazing.” Rob Kardashian came in second. Last night, the stars had to reprise their favorite dances of the season; those scores were combined with Monday night’s totals and votes from viewers. Lake, who has dominated in the scoring all season, was knocked out of the running, taking third place. Kardashian and Martinez then performed an instant samba to music that was selected for them during the show. They both earned perfect scores of 30 points.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Brett Ratner Apologizes For Gay Slur, Resigns As Oscar Producer

“Tower Heist” director Brett Ratner has apologized for remarking that “rehearsal is for f*gs” at a premiere over the weekend. Ratner said, “I apologize for any offense my remarks caused. It was a dumb way of expressing myself. Everyone who knows me knows that I don’t have a prejudiced bone in my body. But as a storyteller I should have been much more thoughtful about the power of language and my choice of words.” The director has since resigned as producer of the 84th Academy Awards. Ratner said, “Being asked to help put on the Oscar show was the proudest moment of my career. But as painful as this may be for me, it would be worse if my association with the show were to be a distraction from the Academy and the high ideals it represents.”

Candy Spelling Wins $90k On Vegas Slots

Candy Spelling, the wealthy widow of TV producer Aaron Spelling, has won $90,000 at the slots in Las Vegas. Tori Spelling’s mom won her latest jackpot on the high stakes slots at the Bellagio, which run from $100 to $1,000 per spin. In 2007, the millionairess reportedly won $200,000 on the slots, and in 2008 she’s said to have scored another $180,000! All three wins took place at the Bellagio. It gets better – just days after her 2007 win, Candy also reportedly won a Prius in her own charity raffle.

Ellen Named Special AIDS Envoy

Ellen DeGeneres has been appointed a special envoy in the global fight against Aids by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Ellen will use her celebrity status to help raise awareness about the deadly disease. In a statement, DeGeneres says, “The fight against AIDS is something that has always been close to my heart. And I’m happy that I can use my platform to educate people and spread hope.” Clinton announced the new role during a speech at the National Institutes of Health in Washington, D.C. yesterday.

Michael Lohan Facing Up To Four Years In Jail

Michael Lohan faces up to four years in prison after being charged following his latest two arrests over an alleged altercation with his ex-fiancée, Kate Major. Lindsay Lohan’s father received charges in Florida yesterday over his arrest over an alleged physical altercation with Major on October 25th. He was then taken into custody again a day later after violating a temporary restraining order by phoning her. The 51-year-old if facing misdemeanor charges: violation of a domestic injunction and domestic violence for his first arrest, and violating a condition of pretrial release and resisting arrest for the second. The final charge was brought after Michael tried to escape from police by jumping from a third-storey balcony and falling into a tree.

MSNBC To Air Conrad Murray Documentary

A revealing new TV documentary about Dr. Conrad Murray is to debut on MSNBC Friday night – four days after the physician was convicted of involuntary manslaughter. Murray was led away from court in Los Angeles in handcuffs on Monday after a jury found him guilty of administering the fatal dose of anesthetic propofol that cost Michael Jackson his life in 2009. “Michael Jackson and the Doctor” will show how Murray and his legal team prepared for his trial. Murray also breaks his silence and reveals personal details of his relationship with Jackson. He also discusses his role within the star’s family life, the intense pressures Jackson felt leading up to his planned “This Is It” concert tour and the events of the day Jackson died, the cable network said.

New Reality Show Features Drunk Drivers

TLC has ordered “D.U.I.,” a new series that goes behind the scenes of drunk-driving law enforcement in Oklahoma. The network has picked up 12 episodes, with six debuting next month and the rest planned for 2012. Unlike “COPS,” the TLC show just focuses on drunk-driving suspects and follows their story from being pulled over and being interrogated, to, if necessary, arrest and sentencing. The show debuts December 1st.
Related Posts with Thumbnails