HOLLYWERID NEWS

The latest New from Hollywood!

Search For Your Favoriet Stars

Thursday, October 7, 2010

‘Iron Man 2’ Sells More Than 1 Million DVDs In 1 Day

Everyone knew “Iron Man 2” would be the biggest home video seller and renter of the week, but nobody knew just how big. The flick sold more than 1.1 million DVDs in its first day in stores and ended the week just past the 5-million mark. “Iron Man 2” grossed $312 million at U.S. theaters.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Rick Sanchez Fired From CNN

Rick Sanchez was fired from CNN’s “Rick List” on Friday after making comments about Jon Stewart and Jews during a radio interview. Rick also blasted Stephen Colbert and Keith Olbermann. Sanchez said during the interview, “I think to some extent Jon Stewart and [Stephen] Colbert are the same way. I think Jon Stewart’s a bigot.” Sanchez also claimed that CNN is “run by Jews.” Stewart mocked Sanchez over the weekend during his role as host on Comedy Central’s “Night of Too Many Stars.” “If you went on radio and said the Jews control the media...you may want to hold on to your money,” Stewart said. “All he has to do is apologize to us, and we’ll hire him back,” he continued. Jokes about Sanchez continued throughout the show, most notably when David Letterman said he was late because he had been “helping Rick Sanchez clean out his office.”

Hilary Duff’s Hubby Behind On Car Payments

Hilary Duff’s husband, NHL star Mike Comrie, bought a 2009 Mercedes-Benz CL550 for $165,000 before he wed Duff. According to documents filed in L.A. County Superior Court, the Pittsburgh Penguins star has defaulted on the payments. The finance company claims they tried to repossess the car from Comrie, but he has “refused to allow Plaintiff possession.” The company is looking for him to pay the rest of his contract, which is $103,398.57, plus other costs.

‘Dog The Bounty Hunter’ Hospitalized

Duane “Dog” Chapman, star of “Dog the Bounty Hunter,” was injured while on a bounty hunt, but is believed to be in excellent condition, his wife Beth tweeted yesterday morning. Chapman was taken to the UCLA Medical Center in California Saturday night and treated and released for internal bleeding. “He was admitted for tests for a possible blood clot following an injury he suffered on a bounty hunt,” Beth posted on dogthebountyhunter.com.

ABC’s ‘My Generation’ Dumped After Second Telecast

After just two airings, “My Generation” has become the fall TV season’s second casualty. ABC pulled the plug on the new drama after Thursday’s little-watched episode drew fewer viewers than the premiere a week earlier. Staged in the form of a documentary, “My Generation” focused on a group of young people 10 years out of the high school. The axing followed word last week that Fox had dumped its new drama, “Lone Star,” after only two airings.

Steve Carell To Star In Remake Of ‘Of All The Things’

Steve Carell has signed on to appear in and produce a feature film remake of the 2008 documentary “Of All The Things,” which gives an inside look into the life of songwriter/producer Dennis Lambert. Lambert is best known for bringing songs such as “Rhinestone Cowboy,” “Nightshift” and “We Built This City” into existence.

‘A-Team’ Producer Dies

Stephen J. Cannell, writer-producer of dozens of series including “The Rockford Files,” “The A-Team” and “The Commish,” died at his home in Pasadena Thursday night from complications associated with melanoma. He was 69. During his TV heyday, Cannell was featured on the ID that followed each of his shows. He was seen typing on his Selectric before ripping a sheet of paper from the typewriter carriage, which then morphed into the C-shaped logo of Cannell Entertainment. He was also an occasional actor, most recently with a recurring role on ABC’s “Castle.” Cannell focused on writing in recent years. His 16th novel, “The Prostitute’s Ball,” will be released this month. He was also a producer of the feature film updating “The A-Team,” released earlier this year.

NASA Workers Appear At Casting Call

A NASA spokesman said about 600 people with security clearance at Florida’s Kennedy Space Center showed up at a casting call for “Transformers 3” extras. NASA spokesman Allard Beutel said space center workers received an e-mail recently seeking workers with “badged” security clearance to appear in scenes of the Michael Bay film being shot at the NASA facility. It was not known how many would be selected to appear in the third installment of the blockbuster franchise. The director wanted extras with security access to reduce the vetting process and said having experts as extras would reduce the amount of training required.  

Who Pays Don Johnson ‘Nash’ Money

Don Johnson’s reps say the actor will be paid $51.7 million in “Nash Bridges” money by billionaires Mark Cuban and Todd Wagner and their 2929 Entertainment business. A judge ruled late Thursday that it was Cuban and Wagner’s 2929, along with Rysher Entertainment and investment firm Qualia Capital that should pay the bill for money owed the actor stemming from his partial ownership of “Nash Bridges,” a TV series he co-created. Johnson starred with Cheech Marin in the cop show from 1996 to 2001.
 

Friday, October 1, 2010

Nicole Richie – Novelist

With her second novel in stores now, Nicole Richie is moving away from being famous just for being famous. In addition to her famous father, famous tabloid appearances and a clothing and accessories line, she’s now a novelist. “Priceless” is about a wealthy young woman in New York whose father is busted for embezzling millions of dollars. She moves to New Orleans and creates a new life for herself, making her own decisions for the first time. Richie says she’s been writing since she was a kid. With two kids and a wedding in her future, she says she writes in her downtime.
 

Tony Curtis Dies


As we reported yesterday, Tony Curtis died Wednesday evening at his Las Vegas area home of a cardiac arrest. He was 85. The father of Jamie Lee Curtis appeared in more than 140 movies and TV shows, co-starring with hundreds of famous actors including Marilyn Monroe and Jack Lemmon. Curtis continued acting up until 2008 when his chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ended his career. Curtis had been married six times and is survived by wife Jill and five children.

Anderson Cooper Plots New Daytime Show

CNN’s Anderson Cooper has announced plans to debut a daytime talk show next fall. The “AC 360” host says the as-yet-untitled project will cover popular topics like celebrities, pop culture and social issues in a journalistic style. Cooper will still do his “360” show.

Pratt, Montag Call Off Divorce

Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag are back together. “We are back together trying to make things work,” the pair told People magazine. “Costa Rica really put things in perspective. We do love each other and realized we do want to spend the rest of our lives together,” they added.

David Simon Awarded With Genius Grant

David Simon, creator of “The Wire” and “Treme,” has been awarded the prestigious MacArthur Foundation “genius grant.” The MacArthur grant awards each recipient with $500,000 in “no strings attached” support over the next five years. The purpose is to financially support great minds so that they can pursue projects that might lack financial backing.

Candice Bergen To Write Second Memoir

Candice Bergen will pen a second memoir as a follow-up to her 1984 book, “Knock Wood.” The as-yet-untitled book will cover Bergen’s time on the TV show “Murphy Brown” as well as the death of her husband, director Louis Malle. The book is due out in 2012.

Musical Chairs ‘American Idol’ Style

The new seating arrangement for the judges on “American Idol” is all mixed up. A photo tweeted by Nigel Lythgoe shows Randy Jackson sitting in Simon’s old spot; he was previously at the other end of the table. Jennifer Lopez is sitting in the middle, where Paula Abdul used to be, and Steven Tyler is at the end, where Jackson used to sit.

Auditions Set For Paula Abdul’s Dance Competition Show

Paula Abdul is ready to see what kind of dancing talent is out there. CBS is holding open casting calls for “Live to Dance,” formerly called “Got to Dance.” Auditions will be October 14th in New York and October 28th in Los Angeles. Abdul will serve as coach and mentor to the contestants. The winner gets $500,000. An air date for the show has not yet been announced.

Heidi Klum Leaves Victoria’s Secret

Heidi Klum says she’s done representing Victoria’s Secret after a 13-year association. “All good things have to come to an end,” she said. “I will always love Victoria’s Secret. It has been an absolutely amazing time.” Klum plans to focus on her many other ventures, including “Project Runway” and her multiple clothing lines. Meanwhile, Klum’s husband, singer Seal, debuted a new video this week. The video for “Secret” features Seal and his wife naked.

Paris Hilton’s Boyfriend Cited For Hit-And-Run

Paris Hilton’s boyfriend has been busted for hit-and-run. Paris and Cy Waits were dining at Boa, an upscale steakhouse in West Hollywood, Wednesday night. As they tried to leave in Wait’s Bentley, the paparazzi surrounded the car. Witnesses said Waits tried to escape by “gunning” the engine. He hit a photographer identified only as Carol, knocking her to the ground. Waits asked if Carol was okay. Another paparazzo said yes and told Waits to go. After leaving the scene, Waits took Hilton to her house; he was later given a field sobriety test. The photographer managed to get away with just a cut on her right shin. Waits was detained and then released with a citation and court date.

Michael Bolton Not Getting ‘DWTS’ Apology

Producers of ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars” have announced that judge Bruno Tonioli will not be forced to apologize to Michael Bolton after the singer was booted from the show on Tuesday night. After Tonioli called Bolton’s jive the worst he had ever seen, Bolton called the judge “inappropriate and disrespectful.” On “Good Morning America” Wednesday Bolton said, “I think he should apologize publicly and be reprimanded for it.” Michael said he was “disappointed” in the critique – not only for himself, but because his 90-year-old mom was present to witness it. However, “DWTS” producers have stated that they “don’t feel Bruno should be expected to apologize for doing his job.”
Related Posts with Thumbnails